September 22, 2007

Cutting day

Remember the first head of little boy hair you ever cut? Matthew was two and captivated by the water filling in the washing machine. So I seized the opportunity, grabbed some scissors, and finished the job by the time the water shut off. There were a few extra baby hairs in that batch, but no matter.

Today I cut four heads of hair, one after another, and Ben had to take the trash out after he finished sweeping up. Guess you can measure the growth of your family by the mound of hair on cutting day. If Daniel hadn't been napping, we might have hit a record -- a Mt Everest style pile!

They all sit pretty quietly now, too. No need for hairy suckers to "enjoy" while Mom cuts. Sometimes they'll even talk to me -- prime time, then.

When I told the lady who cut my hair this morning (yea, I got one too -- really short and cute!) that I was headed home to cut five heads of hair, she asked if I had a license. Nothing like having a lot of boys to give you license to do all kinds of things, huh?

Now, if I can just get all of the little hairs out of my fingernails and off the front of my clothes . . .

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's impressive, to say the least. Really, once you're already all coated with hair, you may as well keep going till the job is all the way done. Jonathan's pretty tolerant about haircuts, but Seth is still very wary of someone holding scissors close to his head, and rightly so.

So let's see your haircut! Yours and Esther's are probably similar, expecially with her perm. I bet it looks great.