October 28, 2007

Primary program quirks

Primary programs are beautiful things that always bring tears, testimony, and a bit of mirth.

Today the joke was on us as one of our children determined to singlehandedly meet the challenge to "use a really big voice." She out-sung the whole group on many of the numbers, and the poor girl in front of her spent much of the program with her fingers in her ears. Too far away to make a change, I just grinned and wondered about opera lessons.

Later someone told me that my Emma was the best part. I chuckled, thinking of all of my covert smiles over the years at other people's children. For all you laughing out there, just wait -- you never know when the parent you will be embarrassed for will be you.

4 comments:

Christine said...

That's awesome. Did I tell you about my dream the other night? I dreamt that the brethren decided to do away with Primary Programs all together, because they were too much of a hassle, and they were just silly and comical most of the time, with little spiritual benefit. Not quite true really. Those kids have an amazing and simple grasp of the gospel. Funny what your brain comes up with to dream about when you're busy sleeping.

Christine said...

Are you in the Primary in this ward?

Sarah said...

No, oddly enough I haven't been given a calling yet. That usually bothers me, because I really like serving in a calling; but for some reason I don't mind it right now. I figure that Heavenly Father knows who I am, and when it is time I will be asked to serve. Perhaps I have been forgotten for a reason . . . or perhaps I haven't been forgotten at all. We'll see.

Christine said...

Definitely not forgotten. :) Maybe just a well needed break so you can handle other stuff. You're already serving in the church, actually. :)