March 16, 2008

Inner Space Caverns

The children had spring break the week of March 10 - March 14th, so we decided to go on some adventures together.


We'd just gotten out of the rain and were lined up waiting for our turn to explore the caves.


Wish I'd remembered how to take the picture sans the flash. It was a much richer sight for our eyes! (I also could have gotten a picture of the bats -- pictures without flash were allowed for them. They weren't cluster oriented but were about the size of a small mouse. Very cute!! I saw one bat, but some of our eagle-eyed children saw two or three altogether.)

And then, after a few more shots, the camera battery went dead. I usually leave all of the picture taking "chore" to Ben, so I've stayed comfortably ignorant, if there is such a thing. Gotta learn sometime, especially if I am ever going to post a picture here!

Anyway, the caves were great! We also came home with a few fun things from the gift shop -- a coon skin hat, two rubber band pistols, a rock bracelet, and an arrow head necklace. Matthew wanted something too, but couldn't find anything really worth the price, so I think he is saving up for later.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's a pretty rich sight even with the flash! Caves are incredible. What a fun thing to show your children. They'll always remember that - like we remember Carlsbad. :) (I always thought it was Carl's Bad Caverns. . . who is Carl and why are they bad?)

John and I also love the gift shop picks. Sounds perfect, and it's a great description of a nature site gift shop. Brings me back. :)