September 28, 2007

Ahh . . . A/C!!

Our A/C went out yesterday, and it got up to about 90 degrees in the house. When you add in the Austin humidity, the air felt heavy and even breathing took more effort. I was amazed at how much the heat distracted me. It was as though something pesky was always poking at the back of my mind, and I felt pretty lethargic and ineffective, not to mention almost wringably wet.

Today a neighbor mentioned that I probably had a second breaker box, which I searched for and found hiding outside behind a very large bush. With a flip of the breaker that had partially tripped, we are back in the cool!! (Well, we will be when it gets back down to a comfortable temp.) We won't have to through another night of children struggling to go to sleep because they were sweating. HURRAY FOR A/C!!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

That must have been a nightmare. And 90 inisde the house is so much worse even than 90 outside, because you have zero breeze. I'm thrilled for you that you have it back now. Stuff like that really makes us appreciate our blessings!

(funny sidenote: I've had the heater on this week, if you can even imagine.)

:)

sstar said...

Bless that neighbor. What a wonderful suggestion. Would've been a rotten shame to pay 50 to 100 bucks for the same bit of desperately crucial info.