July 2, 2008

All in the eye of the beholder

Emma wanted a castle cake for her birthday party with her friends. I tried, but when it was done, it looked more like a skirt for a princess -- with turrets!

Too many ideas in my head without a really good sense of direction and a limited amount of time. It makes me laugh! The children enjoyed it, whatever it was.


Here's the butterfly cake she had for our family party for her. (She's sporting some of her presents: clip-on earrings and fancy, very fun to spread all over, lip gloss.)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wha?? You made TWO incredible cakes for a birthday?! Superwoman-mom. I'm the beholder, and in my eyes, that huge cake looks incredible, and a huge undertaking, showing a lot of love for a little girl. I bet she was dazzled. We certainly were. And what could be cooler than clip ons and lip gloss, I ask you? Little girls are fun.