July 9, 2008

Another bridge for Matthew -- graduation to middle school

Ben and I were amazed and very proud of our son Matthew's accomplishments this year. He entered fifth grade as a timid student, unsure of his capabilities. How delighted we were to see him jog confidently up to the stage to receive his many awards.

He flourished as a reader, winning the top trophy for the most points accrued in the whole fifth grade for reading. You can see it here, pictured with his homeroom teacher, Mrs. McCoy.

What a gem that dear one is! I feel honored to be a part of his life.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Waaiit a minute. . .is that the same bridge?? A closer look tells me it's not, but it seems to me that Texas has a thing with bridges! Did Emma cross over one too when she graduated? And did you have one for Ben's birthday?
Speaking of your children growing up, (with Emma's post) Matthew astounds me. I can still see his little baby face saying "dahdahdahdahdah." Look at him now. Amazing.

sstar said...

Great to have smart kids. Absolutely superb to have a teacher that will inspire them.